In our personal sessions and webinars, there have been many queries on Assessment Centers (AC) and how to prepare for one. In this context, we would like to quickly touch up on a few basics of AC.
ACs are primarily conducted for trainee programs to identify high potential candidates for leadership roles. A typical AC could be a 1 – 3 days activity and is a wonderful opportunity to know the company culture, values and also meet some amazing folks. Tasks and assessment methodology varies with respect to roles and company. However, we could expect the following:
- Introduction: Elevator pitches, Self-introduction with the support of creative videos and presentation
- Group Tasks: Presentation (case studies, concept preparation, role plays), games (escape room, speed dating) etc.
- Individual Tasks: Analytical and logical tests.
- Interviews: HR & Business/ Technical Interviews
- Be yourself & do not try to be someone else
- Interact with everyone and have a positive mindset.
- Professional appearance is recommended.
- Few of the soft skills that are tested in AC includes assertiveness, teamwork, ability to handle stress, attitude towards complex tasks & self-confidence.
- Be ready with a few general topics that would help you initiate a conversation with anyone. E.g. weather, current affairs, industry / market awarenes.
- Most importantly, enjoy the food, 7-star accommodation and the process. 🙂